Supreme Court of Western Australia

Print page
Court Procedure


Those wishing to practice law in Western Australia must meet the educational and practice requirements set by the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2008.

The final step to become a legal practitioner in Western Australia is for the Supreme Court to validate and confirm that all Legal Practice Board requirements have been met. This process which is referred to as being "admitted" to the legal profession, involves a hearing before the Supreme Court by those seeking admission.

In addition, pursuant to the Mutual Recognition (WA) Act 2001, those who meet the requirements and are entitled to practice law in other Australian states and territories may be admitted to practice law in Western Australia.

Admissions Ceremonies are live-streamed from this website, with video recordings of the ceremony available on this page shortly after the Admissions Ceremonies for a limited time.


Admissions – Live Broadcast of Admissions Ceremonies in the Supreme Court of Western Australia


Admissions Ceremonies were last held at the Supreme Court on 1 February 2019.

9.15am - Admissions Ceremony (AVI 263MB)

10.00am - Admissions Ceremony (AVI 251MB)

The following people were admitted in the ceremonies to practice as a lawyer in Western Australia:

Admitted on Friday, 1 February 2019:

Russell Armstrong

Geoffrey David Iain Benson

Suzanne Louise Bundesen

Michael James Cherry

Bethany May Clune

Ryan Coombes

Kartika Lestari Dalimarta

Aimee Jessica Dash

Ted Charles Dobson

Lachlan William Geddes

Lauren Hammond

Darren Marshall Hart

Aisyah Ishak

Angela Italiano

Joshua William Jackson

Thomas Edward Ledger

Jacqueline Louise Lord

Andrea Terese McFarland

Michael William McIlwaine

Larnie Mirsky

Emma Maree Neal

Caddie Elisse Nunn

Soon Lee Oon

Marisa Charmaine Orr

Dilani Peiris

Elita Jane Petrelis

Johannes Hendrik Pretorius

Ra'd Qandour

Rachel Roseanne Quong

Rachael Emily Richardson

Simranpreet Kaur Sidhu

Adam Versaci   

Georgia Rose Volk

Christopher Calvin Wong

Shana Shan Nuan Wong


Further information about the legal profession and legal practice may be obtained from the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia website.


Last updated: 6-Feb-2019

[ back to top ]