Supreme Court of Western Australia

Obtaining Court Documents

It is possible to obtain a copy of some court documents. These documents are set out in Order 67B of the Rules of the Supreme Court 1971.

Under Order 67B rule 11, a letter of request can be sent to the Principal Registrar (specifying the document sought, why it is sought, the Supreme Court reference number and whether or not the applicant is a media representative) to inspect or obtain a copy of documents including:

For a copy of any document, there is a fee for every page – see the 'Forms & Fees' page.

For further information on whether or not you are entitled to obtain documents, please refer to the Consolidated Practice Directions (PD 3.3 Access to Information, Records and Things Held by the Court).

Last updated: 17-May-2024

[ back to top ]