Supreme Court of Western Australia

Single Judge Appeals

Decisions made in a court of summary jurisdiction may be appealed to a single judge of the Supreme Court sitting in the General Division. A single judge appeal may be filed in the Court’s civil or criminal jurisdiction.

Examples of decisions that may be appealed to a include decisions from:

  • a Magistrate of the Magistrates Court of Western Australia
  • a Magistrate of the Children's Court of Western Australia
  • a Justice of the Peace or
  • a Member of the State Administrative Tribunal ('SAT').

The Court has prepared a fact sheet on commencing a criminal appeal from a decision of a Magistrate.

Last updated: 31-May-2021

[ back to top ]