Supreme Court of Western Australia


In criminal proceedings, the accused and the DPP are entitled to one copy of the transcript for a criminal trial free of charge and no request is needed.

If you are a party to civil proceedings you are generally entitled to transcript upon making an application and on payment of a fee.

An application for transcript is made using the transcript application form which should be emailed to the Court Transcript Officer. Copies of the transcript will be provided to you on payment of any applicable fee for the supply of the transcript. The fees for transcript are available on the Forms & Fees page.

If you are making an application for transcript for the purposes of a child sexual abuse action or a claim under the National Redress Scheme, you are not required to pay the cost of the court supplying the transcript.

Please note you must submit an application for running transcript at least two business days before the hearing and pay a deposit of $390 per day. The total amount payable to the court cannot be calculated until the trial has concluded and the total amount of pages has been counted. Once this has occurred, a final invoice will be issued with the actual cost, minus any deposit paid.

If you are not a party to the proceedings, you will need to submit the transcript request form and a letter addressed to the Principal Registrar describing your need and intended use for the transcript.

For further information on whether or not you are entitled to transcript, please refer to the Consolidated Practice Directions (PD 3.3 Access to Information, Records and Things Held by the Court).

Contact details

Court Transcript Officer
Telephone: (08) 9421 5333
Fax: (08) 9421 5353

Last updated: 10-Jan-2024

[ back to top ]